The Tahneddra Chronicles
As of End of Sept 4th year.
- Council Members
- Berronar Truesilver – guv’nor
- Tandi D’Lune – (one eye) garrison commander
- Nastarleg – old dwarf, sheriff and militia commander
- Gornall – carpenter and smith
- Gia(f) – enchantress, Tristan’s lass
- Neemo – alchemist
- Lord Caldwell – head librarian, collector
- + all surviving original members
- Brandil – brawling champ, lumberjack
- Tennis Steeljaw – dragonborn, miner foreman
- Taylor Rabbitfoot – halfling ranger
- Gregory Haleford – young architect
- Ja’adoc Brelx – githyanky alchemist
- Khalis – scholar, mage
- Thom – dragonborn rogue, tavern owner
- miners – 68
- foresters – 36
- druid – 4
- rangers – 9
- labourers – 135
- soldiers – 100
- gun crews – 75 / 36 of them are also trained as musket teams
- masons – 60 (3 came with families, + 22 people)
- engineers – 9
- architects – 5
- ship builders – 35
- smith/forge – 15
- carpenters – 42
- cooks – 18
- girls – 36
- brewer – 6
- paper maker/ hemp expert – 12
- fisher family – 51
- farmer family – 60
- orphans – 15
- cleric – 8 + 13 acolytes (4 orders)
- wizards/enchanters – 7
- children born on Mellor – 38
- admin/merchants – 16
- misc – 62
- 799 full time residents
- Ships’ crews (at any given time there will be 1-3 Mellor ships in port and 2-5 ships from other islands or nations, giving a variable population of between +60 and +400)
- Band of Shadar’kai 24
- Kalaas refugees 972 +/-
Situation and Issues
- There are still a large number of ships and people in the ship-city, this is a fire hazard and provides certain problems in properly defending the bay.
- Mellor’s present population and recent loss of capital has created a food shortage. Basics are still available, and Aldrin’s recent delivery have temporally relieved the problem.
- Mellor’s original founding members, Idokka and Tristan and others with them, have been gone for over 16 months now.
- To the west, along the coast of the subcontinent and throughout the western edge of the local archipelago, the Ra’waan fleet lurks and raids, many fear that they may attack Mellor and her allies.
- The recent loss of three of Mellor’s ships has limited trade and military power.
- Have 7 extra ships, 5 medium, 2 large. Two of these (1 medium, 1 large) are nearly ready.
- Large stock of lumber.
- Presently finishing off stage four development (stone work continues on roads and irrigation) and expansion to the eastern island has begun.
Works in Progress
- keep, sixth level (upper gun emplacement, final level)
- more housing
- black powder factory
- road to east of island
- eastern development
- western irrigation
- captain’s lodge
- market area
- shipyard and dry dock
- gun emplacements (8)
- tavern (3)
- gun shed
- local trails
- forester’s hall
- miner’s hall
- quartz shed
- 8 farmer’s holds
- farm land
- crop land
- 9 fisher’s hold, docks
- small grain mill
- wood mill, drying shed for wood
- 5 warehouses
- paper shed/factory
- housing (50 double units)
- temple (4)
- water towers (3)
- break waters
- 120 members, trained in skirmish tactics to support the muskets and in raiding ships from small craft. Drawn from volunteers from the population.
- crops growing, food, hers and hemp
- foundry producing cannon and balls
- forge producing muskets, pistols, swords and armour.
- Neemo is producing gun powder and healing potions, plus working on his own projects in addition to overseeing Duul’s labs.
- Plants are being gathered for dyes, herbs and spices and spell components
- Wood is being selectively cut for building projects.
- Beer and spirits are being brewed and stock piled
- quartz is being gathered for export and decoration.
- stone is being gathered for building projects
- fish is geing caught to help feed the population and some of each catch is dried and put into storage.
- the enchanter is working on fire proof containers
- training for additional gun crews
- various crafts are being made by the islands population for internal barter.
- 20% of taxation from Eltamir
- 10% of alliance taxation
Comings and Goings
- War Sorcerer flag ship, large war ship 1/18/8, crew 51
- Emerald Flame medium war ship, armament 10/4, crew 36
- Restless Spirit medium war ship, armament 0/0, crew ??
- Edgar medium merchant ship,(searching for the Lucky Maiden) armament 3/1, crew 20
- Bellows large trade ship, armament 6/2, crew 24
- Elf’s Kiss medium trade ship (fastest in fleet), armament 3/1, crew 21
- White Star medium war ship, armament 6/2, crew 32
- Kite small war ship, armament 5/2, crew 20
- Jackass small war ship, armament 3/1, crew 16
- Aether small war ship, armament 1/0, crew 12
- Iron Bitch small experimental war ship (iron plates have been attached to the upper hull) 5/2, crew 20